- To study growth characteristics and regeneration of mangroves and tropical tree species.
- To develop silvilcultural and other techniques for re-establishment mangrove forest and other tropical high rainfall tree species for maximum yield.
- To develop suitable logging techniques for extracting the vast resources of mangrove in the difficult swamp swampy terrain.
- To study and find uses for mangroves timber and other products.
- Accounts and Finance
RESEARCH BREAK THROUGH
1. Domestication of Allanblackia floribunda in-situ
2. Vegetative propagation of Allanblackia floribunda through macro cuttings
3.Vegetative propagation of Allanblackia floribunda through marcotting
4. Reduction of germination of Allanblackia floribunda seed from 18 months to 1 month
5.Establishment of 0.5 hectare research plot of Allanblackia floribunda vegetatively propagated
6. Reduction in the fruiting age of Allanblackia floribunda through marcotting from over 15 years to 4 years
7. Domestication and multiplication of grasscutter at the humid rainforest ecological zone
8. Reduction of germination of Garcinia kola seed to 4 weeks
9. Establishment of 0.5 hectare of Garcinia kola.
10.Domestication of Nypa fruticans species outside the mangrove ecosystem